One of the UK’s largest privately owned retail companies, with a combined turnover in excess of £2bn trading through household names such as Littlewood's and more recently created high growth brands like Very.co.uk & ISME.co.uk, Shop Direct wanted to drive Customer Experience and more online orders.
- Legacy issues (sites, people, products, systems) as group created by combining 2 of the UK’s largest traditional home shopping companies.
- The objective to drive online from under 15% to over 85% of orders, whilst reducing cost & improving satisfaction metrics to help improve conversion rates and customer retention rates.
- Phase 1 was the complete restructure of the Customer & Financial Services operation, including a new operating model (site rationalisation, introduction of the UK’s first true HomeWorker solution & adoption of a sales though service approach), rollout of new CRM, SEIVR and Workforce Planning.
- Phase 2 was the creation and delivery of Customer Centricity across all of the Groups brands & functions, which encompassed end to end customer journey design, customer persona development, colleague engagement & measurement aligned to strategic data warehouse rollout.
- Customer service restructure delivered the channel challenge with associated OpEx saving of 40% whilst service satisfaction metrics increased plus incremental sales growth of £85m.
- Customer Experience strategy developed & deployed company wide - Customer Satisfaction adopted as a strategic imperative, built into objectives & group bonus structure.
- New Operating/Business Model rolled out enabling online shift
- Phase 1 delivered in 12 months. Phase 2 in 36 months.
“Led the charge to fundamentally change the way SDG dealt with its Customers, bringing them into the heart of our thinking & planning” Mark Newton-Jones, Group CEO, Shop Direct Group