PureGym is one of the the UK’s leading Gym chains – founded in 2008 with over 230 sites, pioneering a low cost, flexible, 24-7 access, high quality gym experience for 1m+ members. Due to rapid growth there was a need to maximise digital in line with their low cost proposition.
- Continually increasing contact volumes were impacting cost to serve, service levels & customer experiences, therefore an urgent need to reduce unnecessary contact, maintain (or improve) customer experiences, whilst optimising digital self serve.
- Customer self serve was an increasing priority in order to absorb recent growth and future rapid growth plans.
- Customer journey maps & personas created with a focus on how to make the service more efficient & effective, maximising increased use of digital solutions, and supporting the shift from a reactive to proactive approach - using insight & industry benchmarking.
- Identified 20 priorities from pain points identified with solutions / ideas to reduce contact or address through self serve options.
- Proof of Concept wire frames for the digital development team with the aim of improving CX, driving efficiencies & self service.
- A new Service Ambition: defining goals & measures to continue to drive the right outcomes, aligned to the growth strategy.
- Created a 12 month plan, in 90 day segments to inject pace & focus their own team on implementing the ideas/improvements.
- Operating Model considerations from short to longer term to demonstrate how changes could support further cost to serve improvements, along with customer experience benefits.
“Delivered to the brief, on time and on cost and left us with both a clear understanding of the performance and challenges today, and a plan to improve” Stephen Rowe, Chief Marketing Officer, PureGym Group