Pfizer first reached out to us to help them understand what the benefit of a Customer Centric approach might bring to them. It was not the first time they had tried this and they were clearly concerned that this attempt might be the last to install a sense of Customer Centricity.
- Pfizer are not alone in facing a changing Pharma market. Development costs are enormous and identifying and bringing new drugs to market is becoming ever more costly and difficult.
- Within the company, a small group felt a more Customer Centric approach could offer new insight and opportunity to guide the business as it looked for a new way forward. But they knew the first challenge would be to convince their Colleagues
- Our start point was a low level engagement and education process into what a CE driven customer centricity programme would bring, by identifying and bringing to life how other companies were seeing the benefits of this approach.
- This peer driven approach established a credibility and understanding of what the programme might be capable of doing and led to a series of drop ins - often expanded - within their senior management team meeting.
- Quickly expanding from a local to a European level and being included with the key focus areas, formal engagements to map the customer journeys across 3 products areas followed.
- CE driven Customer Centricity has made it firmly onto the Senior Management Team agenda and focus areas.
- What started as a UK local idea has become a focal point for understanding how the products Pfizer develop, affect and fundamentally change their customers lives, by letting them reach past the clinical understanding of who their customer is, and seeing - often for themselves - the end ‘patient’.
“Your support & direction has been outstanding so far. I am genuinely amazed how far we have come in a very short time and we could not have done it without your help” Mike Bellis, Senior Marketing VP, Pfizer