NGN are responsible for ensuring the gas network (within a set geographical area allocated by Ofgem appointment) is expanded, renewed and maintained to the highest level possible, so that the Gas supply companies can deliver the energy we need. They wanted to drive improvements to customer experience with a trusted partner.
- NGN are to an extent a monopolistic company, however they are led by a visionary CEO who recognises that great companies to work for are just as vital in such sectors.
- Part of the CKI conglomerate, Mark Horsley is driven not to be just the best People ‘Experience’ company in the group, but to go as high as its people can take it. One where Colleagues intuitively deliver a service anyone would be proud of.
- We were brought in by the HiveMind Network, an innovative company we are an affiliate partner to - who had been appointed to bring accelerated delivery methodologies to IT, and then to enable wider change across the organisation. Our role was to help with CRM solution selection and subsequently moved on to helping the team to review, develop and deliver a People strategy that covered both Customer & Colleague.
- We designed all the core Customer & Colleague journeys, personas and measurement systems across process, customer and colleague satisfaction. We also worked with stakeholder teams to design a customer research programme (with an external research agency) to ensure that they were developing services inline with customer needs.
- Across the business the HiveMind/Custerian powered new ways of working have enabled NGN to achieve a step change in an already highly change orientated company.
- Our initial role in the CRM solution selection and design - delivered this at a third of the cost, in a tenth of the time - allowing the team to refocus on driving the Customer & Colleague experience.
- We are proud to have played a part - NGN had already embarked - in helping them to achieve a number of Customer & Colleague reward & recognitions. This culminated in Mark Horsley - NGN CEO - being awarded Inspirational Leader of The Year at the Employee Experience Awards in March 2015, and NGN being no.1 for cSat in 2016.
“What we have learned working with them is staggering” David Clark, CIO, Northern Gas Networks