This is a global provider of a variety of services, handling complex queries with a strength in the insurance market where claims resolution can take a significant amount of expertise to resolve quickly and cost effectively. They often deal with multiple suppliers, networks and partners.
- The business had grown both organically and through acquisition. The leadership team felt the time was right to repurpose the business to drastically improve its efficiency & effectiveness by altering its operating model.
- With rapid growth also came a need to really get under the skin of the current state to understand how the global restructure and adoption of a new hub and spoke service model with regional centres of excellence, could and should be done.
- After doing a review on the suggested approach and augmenting it to create a further BPO centre of excellence opportunity, the full project definition and benefits realisation case study was created along with the outline project plan and resources.
- Once agreed, a global project team of over 22 external - with more than double this of internal Colleagues was stood up in 6 weeks whilst work commenced in the UK.
- A cornerstone of this approach was to ensure resource could be used flexibly as the needs of the project and business demanded it. We created a rolling engagement approach with strong daily governance processes that enabled the client to have a weekly review point to forward flex in a 2-4 week delivery window.
- This approach enabled us to make maximum use of subject matter experts across the globe whilst enabling us to react to the needs of a constantly changing business.
- The programme delivered against the milestones agreed and the Custerian team across the UK, USA, Australia & South Africa became embedded within the clients, being regarded as part of the senior regional team.
- Custerian led and supported this Global Programme for the first 12 months, following which we handed over the ongoing delivery into the existing leadership team as part of our transition approach.
“The experience we gained working as directors in top 100 UK companies taught us the importance of being able to stay on scope, whilst having the flexibility to adapt and change, still driving for the agreed outcomes. Our working with agility approach was put to full use with this client” Nicola Collister, Founder, Custerian