With a business wide transformation programme affecting their 3 brands (Argos, Homebase & Habitat) to enable a seamless digital delivery of their trading propositions to grow sales and revenue beyond a £5.6bn start point. They now needed a service strategy in support of this.
- HRG is the largest general merchandise retailer with one of the largest estate’s in the UK. With strong ambitions to grow in the rapidly changing retail landscape driven by the Internet Of Things (IOT).
- With a clear digital sales strategy in place, the need turned to understanding the impact of the IOT on service and what the digital/retail response should be.
- We created and worked with an internal cross functional team under the sponsorship of the main board Retail Director to create a Future Service Vision - Working with our UX/Experience creation partner prospect.eu, we brought this vision to life.
- This vision placed Service at the heart of the relationship with HRG and its Customers. We created a full transformation plan encompassing the 5 levers of change - People, Process, Technology, Insight & Ways of Working - for a 3 year period.
- We created the Service Strategy and new Operating Model along with the business case to deliver this, which was approved by the PLC Board. We developed the high level plan, designed the end to end journeys & processes and technologies required.
- We kick started a new way of working to deliver changes & benefits fast - our light touch Agile approach segmented the 3 year plan down into 90 day deliverables, executed in 2 week sprints.
“The most impressive thing is the unbelievable change in the team. They have a new sense of belief in their capability and desire for real change” Client Sponsor, Main Board Director, Argos